Welcome to this first blog post of Legacies…On The Rails 2017! Hope you had a great year overall in 2016 and certainly a great year of railfan fun! I know I did and though I am going to be very brief in this posting because I want you to go listen to the first Legacies…On The Rails Radio (Podcast) of 2017 to get more of the details so you can actually hear them from me, rather than just read them here.
But, here are some of my final Legacies On The Rails Fan Videos of 2016:
And some recent photos, from ones that continue to celebrate the Heritage of “The Fallen Flags” to current day railroads:
But, though you can hear all of these on the podcast, here are a few stats from 2016:
I did railfanning in 20 different cities in 3 states: Missouri, Kansas and Iowa (complete list in the podcast)
I did 82 Legacies On The Rails Fan Videos that got 927 views in 2016. Got up to 233 overall.
I caught 19 different railroads, not counting the countless number of them represented in things like grain trains and other mixed manifests (complete list in the podcast)
I caught 23 different models of locomotives (complete list in the podcast)
I caught 21 different Heritage representing pieces of rail equipment (complete list in the podcast)
There were several firsts: my first all Ferromex grain train, my first live steam locomotive (UP 844), catching the new Kansas City Streetcar, my first Canadian National video and more (complete) list in the podcast)
My Railroad Bridges, Related Photos and Video Facebook group exceeded 1,000 Likes!
My Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (Burlington Route) Facebook group exceeded 220 members!
So,what’s next for Legacies…On The Rails in 2017:
Again, full list is on the Podcast but:
- I am considering joining the Burlington Route Historical Society http://burlingtonroute.com/ and trying to make their spring meet in Batavia, Illinois the weekend of April 7th,8th
- Want to continue to add more states and cities to my railfan resume but it may be harder as we just realized The Legacies On The Rails Cruiser: my 2013 Kia Sportage that we bought in December, 2013 as a replacement for my 2007 Ford Focus that someone totaled for me, is now just less than 25,000 miles shy of hitting 100,000 miles and thereby being out of warranty. And that is even with having bought an extended warranty, so I have to watch my miles this year, but we’ll see.
- Would like to ride more excursion trains, and document them here, on my Facebook page and on Legacies On The Rails Radio.
- Be better about maintaining consistency in this Blog and the podcast as I only did three blogs last year and four episodes of the Podcast. Going to shoot for a minimum of one of each per month. Currently building a list of potential topics. Got a suggestion? Look me up!
- Want to start doing more interviews for both the Blog and the Podcast. Currently building a list of potential guests to approach. Know somebody? Look me up!
- See about promotional items: business cards (already have some but not for LOTR specifically) door signs for the LOTR cruiser, having my pics put on shirts, doing a 2018 Calendar.
- Continue top develop my trains collection in pics, HO, O and other gauge pieces, (have recently picked up my first two tin train pieces as well as more HO pieces.)Again, full list of What’s Next? and much more is on the Podcast.
Oh, yeah, and in addition to here, and on Facebook as John W Losh II, and (816)-914-3578, (preferably before 1:30pm CT on weekdays), you can now also reach me at:
Until next time, as always, this is John Losh “The Losh-Man” reminding you to continue to follow the Lord Jesus Christ on a daily basis, and when it comes to trains,
Continue leaving Legacies…On The Rails!